The Open RAN Policy Coalition is excited to participate in this year’s MWC Barcelona, being held February 28 – March 3. Executive Director Diane Rinaldo will be on-site to participate in a Trans-Regional Roundtable at the Barcelona Bar Association and a panel discussion at the Security Summit: 5G Network Diversification and Supply Chain Security on March 1 at 11:30 CET.
In addition to conference events and taking the opportunity to connect in person with our membership, the coalition plans to meet with policymakers from around the world to discuss strategies for advancing policies that will help create a more diverse, competitive and secure ecosystem based on open interfaces for 5G and beyond.
Many Open RAN Policy Coalition members will also be in attendance in Barcelona; below are just a few highlights of their exciting announcements and demonstrations:
- AMD/Xilinx will be demonstrating a wide array of industry-first 5G open RAN (O-RAN) solutions in Hall 2, #2M61. The demonstrations will include an industry’s lead 64T64R massive MIMO O-RAN radio prototype and the highest-bandwidth O-RAN radio platform.
- Arm announced the 5G Solutions Lab, supported by 18 key partners across the 5G ecosystem. Arm is actively working with many of these partners to onboard their 5G offerings and at MWC will share the first live use cases from the Lab. Attendees can see the use cases and demo in action in the Arm booth in Hall 5, #5A19.
- Cohere Technologies, an innovator of spectrum multiplier software for Open RAN and 4G, 5G and emerging 6G mobile networks, has evolved its spectrum software functionalities to deliver up to 2X spectrum performance boost for both 4G and 5G networks simultaneously. Cohere is showcasing the network benefits of its Universal Spectrum Multiplier software at CS318, by Hall 4.
- DeepSig will be talking about and demonstrating their AI-native software solutions: ML-enhanced 5G baseband for improved spectral efficiency and highly agile RF sensing and awareness to optimize and protect wireless networks. DeepSig will hear from innovators, technologists and operators about how AI will transform wireless networks, services and applications to be more autonomous, performant and deliver entirely new capabilities.
- Pivotal Commware announced the commercial launch of its Echo 5G Boost subscriber repeater; CEO Brian Deutsch will be at MWC to take guests on a virtual journey show how Pivotal has cracked the code for deploying mmWave networks using Holographic Beam Forming technology inside its hardware products, Echo 5G indoor subscriber and Pivot 5G outdoor network repeaters.
- Qualcomm and Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) announced a collaboration to deliver the next generation of 5G distributed units, to address the demands of next-generation networks, simplify deployments and lower total cost of ownership by delivering high-performance, O-RAN-compliant, energy-efficient, virtualized, cloud-native 5G solutions.
- Radisys Corporation announced a showcase of its end-to-end open telecom and digital engagement portfolio at MWC in booth #5B81. Attendees will learn how Radisys with its ecosystem partners is enabling a diverse customer base in the 5G space for CSPs, private networks and other market verticals. It was also announced that Japanese 5G player Hytec Inter is leveraging Radisys’ Connect RAN software to enable its local 5G solution for private networks.
- Rakuten Symphony and Qualcomm announced a collaboration to develop a next-generation 5G Radio Unit (RU) with Massive MIMO capabilities and distributed units (DUs), designed to enable the deployment of innovative, virtualized, and open 5G networks at scale and help operators to meet performance demands at the edge.
- Robin.io has created high-performing automated solutions that accelerate the path to cloud-native for 5G and Edge Network Service delivery, and will showcase live demonstrations on industry-leading use cases to accelerate, Orchestrate, Automate and Operate ORAN, CORE and EDGE at their booth in Hall 2, #2E41.