Australia, India, Japan, and the U.S. are home to 24% of the world’s population, 35% of the world’s GDP, and many of the world’s leading technology and telecoms companies. The Quad governments have emphasized the importance of secure and trusted network infrastructure, and the need for greater vendor diversity across the telecoms ecosystem, objectives that Open RAN can help deliver.
Open RAN has been deployed in 35 countries on a pilot or commercial basis already, including in Australia, India, Japan and the U.S. To support the significant investment that the private sector has already made in Open RAN, governments have a critical role in creating an enabling environment to further support its development and adoption, fostering a vibrant ecosystem of vendors.
The Quad Open RAN Forum will bring together government and industry leaders for the first time to discuss existing Open RAN deployments, the security of Open RAN networks, and how the transition to Open RAN will promote competition, security, and technological neutrality in the telecoms ecosystem.
Wednesday, July 28
8:00 a.m. EST / 5:30 p.m. IST / 9:00 p.m. JST / 10:00 p.m. AEST
- Marc Ablong | Deputy Secretary of National Resilience & Cyber Security, Australian Department of Home Affairs
- Anne Neuberger | Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technologies, U.S. National Security Council
- Lt. Gen. Dr. Rajesh Pant | National Cyber Security Coordinator, Prime Minister’s Office, Government of India
- Yasuo Tawara | Director-General of the Global Strategy Bureau, Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
- Tareq Amin | Chief Technology Officer, Rakuten Mobile
- Arun Bhikshesvaran | CEO, Radisys
- Sumit Dhawan | President, VMWare
- C. P. Gurnani | CEO & Managing Director, Tech Mahindra
- Shawn Hakl | VP of 5G Strategy, Microsoft
- Nikos Katinakis | Group Executive, Networks & IT, Telstra
- Pardeep Kohli | President & CEO, Mavenir
- Thierry Maupile | Chief Strategy Officer, Altiostar
- Takayuki Morita | President & CEO, NEC Corporation
- Naoki Tani | EVP, CTO & Executive GM of R&D Innovation, NTT Docomo